Safe driving in winter conditions
Driving in winter condition is a special challenge for each driver, particularly on longer trips. We have prepared a small reminder for you.
Before going on a trip…
- Check your car battery;
- Check your tyres;
- Check your windshield wipers;
- Make sure your windshield and windows are clean;
- Check your windshield washer fluid (don’t use tap water);
- Check your antifreeze.
Always keep at hand…
- A battery flashlight,
- Jumper cables,
- Abrasive materials (sand, a carpet etc.),
- Snow cleaning accessories (shovel, ice scraper),
- Door lock defrost spray – don’t keep it in your car, but carry it in your pocket, bag etc.,
- Windshield de-icer spray,
- Gloves, hat, warm blanket,
- When taking longer trips, bring extra food, water, medicines, a mobile phone.
In case of a halt or a blocked road…
- Stay with your car,
- Do not overstrain your vehicle attempting to pass through,
- Place visible markings on your vehicle,
- If you’re starting your engine, clean the exhaust,
- Keep your car running for a short time, just enough to keep the temperature.
Fastening your seatbelt can save your life!